Spiritual Direction

Thursday, August 11, 2016

You Are Here - A Prayer of Thanksgiving from Trail Wood


                                                   
Are you with me now, now, even when I fail to acknowledge you? When I am so immersed in the glory of the place to which you have brought me, when I am so taken with the gift, so as to forget the Giver...Are you here?

Do you delight in my delight in your works? For even long millennia after the land was first formed, through all the changes over time, your hand prints surround me.
As the very air I breathe or the light that fills the meadow, your presence,
Your very Self, is here.


How human-like to forget, to pretend that what you have granted can take your place.
And yet, do you not invite me into remembering? Do I not fall asleep at night, finally in the darkness, when I can no longer see the woodlands, or the words upon the page,

thanking You?

There is this dance we do with you, is there not? We ask, sometimes we receive, and then, unimaginably, we forget that we asked. And, in your mercy, you remind us again and again, that we are yours. And You are here.




No comments:

Post a Comment